3 Pillars to Achieving Population Health
Through Population Health, AMPATH will make health care achievable and sustainable for all by building upon our foundation of care.
I. Empowering the community’s economic strengths
Increasing the number and impact of community groups that support income generation, local savings and loan (table banking), financial literacy, food production, nutrition and healthcare.
· 30,000+ people mobilized into community groups
· 2,000 groups formed since 2010
· $5 Million+ mobilized through AMPATH social infrastructure
· 20,000 metric tons of food sold by 85 farmer groups
· 38 business hubs created
II. Creating a seamless care system
Providing primary and specialty care for families, mothers and kids and using AMPATH’s electronic medical records system
· 500+ clinical care sites
· 90,000 HIV-positive patients in care
· 270,000+ screened for heart disease
· Over 5,000 cancer patients treated each year
III. Providing Universal Health Insurance
Ensuring families can afford and access health care through an insurance plan with robust benefits.
· $5 – monthly cost of coverage per family
· Benefit package: inpatient and outpatient coverage, maternity, dialysis, chemo and radiation, diabetes, hypertension, laboratory tests, surgery